I don’t want to get you too excited over this, so I will hold back a little and simply say that these are the BEST BROWNIES EVER! And are definitely the best vegan flourless brownies that I have ever tasted.
It is worthy of the O.M.G statement for sure! Plus they are sugar-free, so even better for the post New Years figure. So that is no flour and no refined sugars, so basically no nonsense.
They are super easy to make, honestly, you will be shocked and the cooking time is only 30 minutes (including finger bowl licking).
- 1 cup of cooked chesnuts
- 1 cup of ground almonds
- 1/3 cup of dairy-free butter/coconut oil
- 1tbsp of vanilla extract
- 6 pitted Medjool dates
- 100g of dairy-free melted chocolate
- 1/3 cup of golden syrup/coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp of raw cacao
- A half tsp of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Fruit for the topping
- Blend everything in a mixer.
- Pour into a greaseproof dish (and don’t forget to lick the left overs).
- Pop into the oven at 170 degrees celsius.
It is that simple!
Pop it out of the oven and cut in squares/slabs whatever calories you think you can handle. If it doesn’t hold, pop into the fridge for a little while.
I prefer my brownies warm topped with fruit with a little drizzle of cream. You can use dairy-free cream also, or simple dairy-free ice-cream.
How do you eat your brownies?